Experience Excellence at the Region’s Most Preferred Orthopedic Practice
At Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, our specialty-trained hand doctors are dedicated leaders who are committed to providing excellence in orthopedic care that is focused on you.
As some of the most highly respected hand surgeons and doctors in the region, our specialists, Dr. Charles Milem, Dr. Keith Moore, Dr. David Boles, Dr. Joseph L. Polio, and Dr. Geoffrey Hulse, are committed to providing outstanding, patient-centered care to each of our patients. With years of experience and orthopedic training, our hand doctors excel in thoroughly and accurately assessing, diagnosing, and treating hand injuries as well as other conditions that can develop in the hand and wrist, such as arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. They also offer a wide array of traditional treatment methods as well as state-of-the-art surgeries, including nerve repair, carpal tunnel surgery, and arthroscopic surgery.
No matter what injury or condition is keeping you from enjoying an active life, you can count on our hand doctors to provide the compassionate, individualized care you need to get back to the activities you love.
When to See a Hand Specialist
If you have been experiencing any of the following signs or symptoms for more than a few days, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with one of our hand doctors.
- Difficulty rotating your wrist joint
- Finger cramps
- Fingers bend in toward your palm and wrist
- Hand pain that radiates up to your elbow
- Hand weakness
- Knots or bumps developing under your fingers and palms
- Pins-and-needles sensations
- Swollen fingers that are difficult to move
- Tingling and numbness in your hand and wrist
- Upper extremity pain that radiates down into your wrist and hand
- Weakened grip or inability to pick up items
- Wrist and forearm pain that extends into your hand and fingers
Our specialty-trained hand doctors will work with you to diagnose your injury or condition and then design a treatment plan specifically for you. Orthopedic hand and wrist problems our doctors see include:
- Boutonnière deformity
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- De Quervain’s disease
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Extensor tendon injuries
- Fractures, such as Bennett’s fracture and boxer’s fracture
- Ganglion cysts
- Mallet finger
- Nerve injuries
- Sports-related injuries
- Trigger finger
- Types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis