R. Keith Moore, M.D.
Dr. Keith Moore was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky. He attended college at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and received his medical degree from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine in 1986. Dr. Moore completed his internship and residency at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. He also served in the U.S. Army as a staff orthopedic surgeon at Darnall Army Hospital in Ft. Hood, Texas; a brigade surgeon in New York; and General Medical Officer in Schweinfurt, West Germany. In 1995, Dr. Moore returned to Kentucky and joined Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Owensboro, now Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
Dr. Moore is board-certified in orthopedics, and he is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Medical Association, Kentucky Medical Association, Daviess County Medical Society, Kentucky Orthopaedic Society, and Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Moore is married and has two children.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY
- Transitional Internship: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Orthopedic Surgical Residency: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Sports Medicine: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- U.S. Army, Medical Corps, Served as a Major
- Staff Orthopedic Surgeon, Fort Hood, TX
- Brigade Surgeon, NY
- General Medical Officer, Schweinfurt, West Germany
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Ohio County Hospital
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Riverview Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons