S. David Boles, M.D.
Dr. David Boles was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, and attended college at the University of Kentucky. He received his medical degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 1994 and completed his internship and residency at Mt. Carmel Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. Following his residency, Dr. Boles pursued an orthopedic hand surgery fellowship at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, New York. He joined Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Owensboro, now Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, in 2002.
Dr. Boles is board-certified in orthopedics with a Certificate of Added Qualifications in surgery of the hand. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Boles specializes in performing minimally invasive endoscopic carpal tunnel releases for patients who suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
Dr. Boles is married and has five children.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Rotating Internship: Mount Carmel Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Mount Carmel Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Pediatric Hand Surgery Fellowship: Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX
- Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship: Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery