William R. Martin, M.D.
Dr. William Martin was born in Henderson, Kentucky, and graduated summa cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. He received his medical degree with honors from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago in 1989 and completed his five years of surgical training at Barnes Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. Following his residency, Dr. Martin was on staff with the 28th Medical Group at Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota and served as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of South Dakota School of Medicine. In 1998, he returned to Kentucky and joined Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Owensboro, now Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
Dr. Martin is board-certified in orthopedics and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons, and the Daviess County Medical Society. His professional interests lie in arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee, sports injuries, and pediatric orthopedics.
Dr. Martin is married and has four children.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Doctor of Medicine: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internship: Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
- Residency: Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- U.S. Air Force
- Chief of Orthopedic Services, Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Riverview Surgery Center
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- Deaconess Midtown Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Evansville Hospital
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons
- Daviess County Medical Society