Joseph L. Polio, M.D.
Dr. Joseph L. Polio was born in Louisville, Kentucky. He attended Centre College, where he received a bachelor of science in biochemistry, graduating cum laude. Dr. Polio earned his medical degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Department of Orthopaedics.
Dr. Polio is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a noted speaker who has presented lectures on topics from surgical techniques and arthritis to keynote addresses at commencement ceremonies.
Dr. Polio has been in private practice since 1990. He is a member of the Kentucky Medical Association, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Daviess County Medical Society, and the Freiberg Society.
An Ironman athlete, Dr. Polio has completed the challenging course nine times. He is a two-time Hawaiian Ironman World Championship finisher. Dr. Polio is married to Dr. Felicity Ward, with whom he has four sons: Joseph, William, Michael, and Samuel.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: Centre College, Danville, KY
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Hospital
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Riverview Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Daviess County Medical Society
- Kentucky Medical Association